We strive to bring you a useful and interesting website full of information to help guide you around our lakes, have fun learning a little history and help us all understand our responsibilities for our waters.
Fairmont Lakes Foundation, Inc. is a 501c3 non-profit organization formed to promote the stewardship of our city’s lakes.
Though COVID-19 has taken a toll on many activities, 2022 marks the return of several.
- Spring fishing is on the books for Jun 4th in partnership with Fox Lake Conservation League.
- Spring Lake Cleanup is scheduled for May 11th.
- January 2022 saw the successful return of Ice Fishing with a new yellow bass category
- The kayak/paddle board station at Gomsrud with be open for the 2022 season. We are entertaining the idea of adding automated access to extend the hours and season.
- A $200,000 grant from the Schmeeckle Foundation has been awarded to complete the Dutch Creek project by improving the entry of the creek to Hall Lake.
- Recently awarded is a 1.2 million dollar grant from Lessard-Sams Outdoor Heritage Council and will be dedicated to Wildlife Restoration and Nutrient Filtering Wetlands” (project) in order to increase water quality in our lakes, the quality of Fairmont’s drinking water, and to enhance recreational opportunities.
- Our 5-year plan includes stocking sunfish, supporting education of shore owners to plant vegetation and discourage clear cutting.
- Phase 3 of Muskie - October 2021.